About Organiser: GSPMA
GSPMA is a nonprofit body serving Plastic industry since 1970.
- The Gujarat State Plastic Manufacturers Association (GSPMA) was established in 1970.
- A member based not for profit organization of more than 2000 members. These members broadly consist of India’s leading manufacturers of plastic processing machineries & its parts, auxiliary & ancillary equipments, plastic raw material, engineering plastics, master batches, fillers, machine parts and spares, packaging materials, packaging and printing machinery, moulds and dies, automation products, etc.
- GSPMA is a leading Plastic Manufacturers Association in the country and is a founder member of PLASTINDIA FOUNDATION.
- GSPMA is working for the cause of Plastic Industry since more than last four decades.
- GSPMA is aimed at the development of Plastic Industry and safeguarding the interest of industry and for addressing the waste management & environmental issues.
- From the last one decade GSPMA has widened its horizons and has expanded its reach to international level through overseas delegations, B2B meetings and participation in International exhibitions.
- Since its inception, GSPMA has been promoting plastic industry in Gujarat and entire country.
Aims and Objectives of GSPMA:
- To promote and develop plastic industry at the regional as well as national level by organizing national level exhibitions and thereby create awareness of latest technology in the industry.
- Developing, promoting and protecting the interest and inter dependency of the plastic processing industries and encouraging the allied Interests by forming co-operation amongst the various organizations, Institutions and other bodies affiliated with the plastic Industry.
- To project an appropriate image of Plastic Industry in the state and in the country and create presence of the industry before the competent authorities.
- To carry out and promote Research and Development activities in various organizations, Institutions connected with the plastic industry.
- Creating general awareness of plastic amongst the people by organizing seminars, discussions, lectures on various topics and publishing various publications.
- To sell, purchase, export and import the industry requirements on behalf of members, if needed.
- Educating end-users to the importance and benefits of plastic in daily life by providing information on plastic, empowering them with perspective and ideas to maintain a healthy urban environment.
- To represent the problems pertaining to plastic industry before the State / Central Government authorities.
- To promote energy conservation in the industry.
Initiatives of GSPMA:
- Plastic and environment Awareness Program.
- As the per capita consumption of plastics in India rapidly increases, we are witness of a phenomenal increase in the generation of plastic waste too. As this waste is often inappropriately disposed, valuable recyclable material is discarded along with other waste.
- To encourage better waste management practices and recycling, GSPMA conducts awareness and sensitization program in schools, institutes, residential colonies and in corporate offices.
Awareness program on Plastics for School and College Students:
- Helping students understand the importance of recycling and environmentally sensitive ways of handling plastic waste.